ProST EST is a chemically defined, serum-free medium for cultivation and proliferation mouse embryonic stem cells (mES cells) and their subsequent differentation into beating myocardial cells (e.g. for the embryonic stem cell test EST).
Cardiomyocytes differentiated from stem cells can be used for a multitude of purposes:
- Use in basic research for examining early development processes needed for functional cardiogenesis in vitro
- Testing chemicals and pharmaceutical ingredients for mutagenicity, cytotoxicity and embryotoxicity (embryonic stem cell test, EST)
- Screening of anti-angiogenetic substances
- Electrophysiological analysis for investigating cardio-active drugs
- Development of new active ingredients
Serum-free medium for the embryotoxic stemcell test (EST)